Meaning of regression
Pronunciation: (ri-gresh'un), [key]
- the act of going back to a previous place or state; return or reversion.
- retrogradation; retrogression.
- reversion to an earlier or less advanced state or form or to a common or general type.
- the reversion to a chronologically earlier or less adapted pattern of behavior and feeling.
- a subsidence of a disease or its manifestations: a regression of symptoms.
- of, pertaining to, or determined by regression analysis: regression curve; regression equation.
- regression (Thesaurus)