Meaning of refresh
Pronunciation: (ri-fresh'), [key]
- to provide new vigor and energy by rest, food, etc. (often used reflexively).
- to stimulate (the memory).
- to make fresh again; reinvigorate or cheer (a person, the mind, spirits, etc.).
- to freshen in appearance, color, etc., as by a restorative.
- to display (an image) repeatedly, as on a CRT, in order to prevent fading.
- to read and write (the contents of dynamic storage) at intervals in order to avoid loss of data.
- to take refreshment, esp. food or drink.
- to become fresh or vigorous again; revive.
- refresh (Thesaurus)