Meaning of redouble
Pronunciation: (rē-dub'ul), [key]
— v., n. -bled, -bling,
- to double; make twice as great: to redouble one's efforts.
- to echo or reecho.
- to double the double of (an opponent).
- to go back over: to redouble one's footsteps.
- to repeat.
- to be doubled; become twice as great.
- to be echoed; resound.
- to double the double of an opponent.
- the act of doubling one's opponent's double.
- an attack in a line other than that of the previous attack, made after the failure of the opponent to follow his or her parry of the previous attack with a riposte.
- redouble (Thesaurus)