Meaning of recompense
Pronunciation: (rek'um-pens"), [key]
— v., n. -pensed, -pens•ing,
- to repay; remunerate; reward, as for service, aid, etc.
- to pay or give compensation for; make restitution or requital for (damage, injury, or the like).
- to make compensation for something; repay someone: no attempt to recompense for our trouble.
- compensation, as for an injury, wrong, etc.: to make recompense for the loss one's carelessness has caused.
- a repayment or requital, as for favors, gifts, etc.
- a remuneration or reward, as for services, aid, or the like.
- recompense (Thesaurus)