recent: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rē'sunt), [key]
- of late occurrence, appearance, or origin; lately happening, done, made, etc.: recent events; a recent trip.
- not long past: in recent years.
- of or belonging to a time not long past.
- (cap.)noting or pertaining to the present epoch, originating at the end of the glacial period, about 10,000 years ago, and forming the latter half of the Quaternary Period; Holocene. See table under
- Also called(cap.)the Recent Epoch or Series.
- recent (Thesaurus)