recapture: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rē-kap'chur), [key]
— v., n. -tured, -tur•ing,
- to capture again; recover by capture; retake.
- (of a government) to take by recapture.
- to recollect or reexperience (something past).
- the recovery or retaking by capture.
- the taking by the government of a fixed part of all earnings in excess of a certain percentage of property value, as in the case of a railroad.
- the lawful reacquisition of a former possession.
- the state or fact of being recaptured.
- recapture (Thesaurus)