reality: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rē-al'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties
- the state or quality of being real.
- resemblance to what is real.
- a real thing or fact.
- real things, facts, or events taken as a whole; state of affairs: the reality of the business world; vacationing to escape reality.
- something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.
- something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.
- something that is real.
- something that constitutes a real or actual thing, as distinguished from something that is merely apparent.
- in fact or truth; actually: brave in appearance, but in reality a coward.
- reality (Thesaurus)