Meaning of reactor
Pronunciation: (rē-ak'tur), [key]
- a person or thing that reacts or undergoes reaction.
- a device whose primary purpose is to introduce reactance into a circuit.
- a patient or animal that reacts positively towards a foreign material.
- Also calledan apparatus in which a nuclear-fission chain reaction can be initiated, sustained, and controlled, for generating heat or producing useful radiation.
- (esp. in industry) a large container, as a vat, for processes in which the substances involved undergo a chemical reaction.
- reactor (Thesaurus)