Meaning of raw
Pronunciation: (rô), [key]
— adj., n. -er, -est,
- uncooked, as articles of food: a raw carrot.
- not having undergone processes of preparing, dressing, finishing, refining, or manufacture: raw cotton.
- unnaturally or painfully exposed, as flesh, by removal of the skin or natural integument.
- painfully open, as a sore or wound.
- crude in quality or character; not tempered or refined by art or taste: raw humor.
- ignorant, inexperienced, or untrained: a raw recruit.
- brutally or grossly frank: a raw portrayal of human passions.
- brutally harsh or unfair: a raw deal; receiving raw treatment from his friends.
- disagreeably damp and chilly, as the weather or air: a raw, foggy day at the beach.
- not diluted, as alcoholic spirits: raw whiskey.
- unprocessed or unevaluated: raw data.
- a sore or irritated place, as on the flesh.
- unrefined sugar, oil, etc.
- nature in the raw.
- in the natural, uncultivated, or unrefined state:nature in the raw.
- Informal.in the nude; naked:sunbathing in the raw.
- raw (Thesaurus)