raven: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rā'vun), [key]
- any of several large, corvine birds having lustrous, black plumage and a loud, harsh call, esp. Corvus corax, of the New and Old Worlds.
- the divine culture hero and trickster of the North Pacific Coast Indians.
- (cap.)the constellation Corvus.
- lustrous black: raven locks of hair.
Pronunciation: (rav'un), [key]
- to seek plunder or prey.
- to eat or feed voraciously or greedily: to raven like an animal.
- to have a ravenous appetite.
- to seize as spoil or prey.
- to devour voraciously.
- rapine; robbery.
- plunder or prey.
- a lyric poem (1845) by Edgar Allan Poe.
- raven (Thesaurus)