Meaning of rape
— n., v., raped, rap•ing.
- the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
- any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
- an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
- the act of seizing and carrying off by force.
- to force to have sexual intercourse.
- to plunder (a place); despoil.
- to seize, take, or carry off by force.
- to commit rape.
- a plant, Brassica napus, of the mustard family, whose leaves are used for food for hogs, sheep, etc., and whose seeds yield rape oil.
- the residue of grapes, after the juice has been extracted, used as a filter in making vinegar.
- rape (Thesaurus)