Meaning of ranger
Pronunciation: (rān'jur), [key]
- one of a body of armed guards who patrol a region.
- (cap.) a U.S. soldier in World War II specially trained for making surprise raids and attacks in small groups. Cf.(def. 1).
- a soldier specially trained in the techniques of guerrilla warfare, esp. in jungle terrain.
- a person who ranges or roves.
- (esp. in Texas) a member of the state police.
- a keeper of a royal forest or park.
- wale (def. 5).
- (cap.) one of a series of instrumented U.S. space probes launched in the 1960s that transmitted closeup pictures of the moon before impacting the lunar surface.
- ranger (Thesaurus)