quad: Meaning and Definition of
- a quadrangle, as on a college campus.
— n., v., quad•ded, quad•ding.
- Also calleda piece of type metal of less height than the lettered types, serving to cause a blank in printed matter, used for spacing.
- to space out (matter) by means of quads.
- a quadruplet.
- quadraphonic sound, or an electronic system for reproducing it: The recording sounded best in quad.
- quadruple occupancy: Rates are based on quad.
- quadriplegic: a special ward for quads.
- quad (Thesaurus)