Meaning of provision
Pronunciation: (pru-vizh'un), [key]
- a clause in a legal instrument, a law, etc., providing for a particular matter; stipulation; proviso.
- the providing or supplying of something, esp. of food or other necessities.
- arrangement or preparation beforehand, as for the doing of something, the meeting of needs, the supplying of means, etc.
- something provided; a measure or other means for meeting a need.
- a supply or stock of something provided.
- supplies of food.
- an appointment to an ecclesiastical office.
- appointment by the pope to a see or benefice not yet vacant.
- to supply with provisions.
- provision (Thesaurus)