Meaning of provide
Pronunciation: (pru-vīd'), [key]
— v., -vid•ed, -vid•ing.
- to make available; furnish: to provide employees with various benefits.
- to supply or equip: to provide the army with new fighter planes.
- to afford or yield.
- to arrange for or stipulate beforehand, as by a provision or proviso.
- to prepare or procure beforehand.
- to take measures with due foresight (usually fol. by for or against).
- to make arrangements for supplying means of support, money, etc. (usually fol. by for): He provided for his children in his will.
- to supply means of support (often fol. by for): to provide for oneself.
- provide (Thesaurus)