prostrate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pros'tr?t), [key]
? v., adj. -trat•ed, -trat•ing,
- to cast (oneself&hasp;) face down on the ground in humility, submission, or adoration.
- to lay flat, as on the ground.
- to throw down level with the ground.
- to overthrow, overcome, or reduce to helplessness.
- to reduce to physical weakness or exhaustion.
- lying flat or at full length, as on the ground.
- lying face down on the ground, as in token of humility, submission, or adoration.
- overthrown, overcome, or helpless: a country left prostrate by natural disasters.
- physically weak or exhausted.
- utterly dejected or depressed; disconsolate.
- (of a plant or stem) lying flat on the ground.
- prostrate (Thesaurus)