prosecute: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pros'i-kyt"), [key]
— v., -cut•ed, -cut•ing.
- to institute legal proceedings against (a person).
- to seek to enforce or obtain by legal process.
- to conduct criminal proceedings in court against.
- to follow up or carry forward something undertaken or begun, usually to its completion: to prosecute a war.
- to carry on or practice.
- to institute and carry on a legal prosecution.
- to act as prosecutor.
- prosecute (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.