Meaning of procession
Pronunciation: (pru-sesh'un), [key]
- the act of moving along or proceeding in orderly succession or in a formal and ceremonious manner, as a line of people, animals, vehicles, etc.
- the line or body of persons or things moving along in such a manner.
- an office, litany, etc., said or sung in a religious procession.
- the emanation of the Holy Spirit from the Father and later, in the Western Church, from the Son: distinguished from the “generation” of the Son and the “unbegottenness” of the Father.
- the act of coming forth from a source.
- to go in procession.
- procession (Thesaurus)