Meaning of presumption
Pronunciation: (pri-zump'shun), [key]
- the act of presuming.
- assumption of something as true.
- belief on reasonable grounds or probable evidence.
- something that is presumed; an assumption.
- a ground or reason for presuming or believing.
- an inference required or permitted by law as to the existence of one fact from proof of the existence of other facts.
- an assumption, often not fully established, that is taken for granted in some piece of reasoning.
- unwarrantable, unbecoming, or impertinent boldness.
- presumption (Thesaurus)