predominate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pri-dom'u-n?t"), [key]
? v., -nat•ed, -nat•ing.
- to be the stronger or leading element or force.
- to have numerical superiority or advantage: The radicals predominate in the new legislature.
- to surpass others in authority or influence; be preeminent: He predominated in the political scene.
- to have or exert controlling power (often fol. by over): Good sense predominated over the impulse to fight.
- to appear more noticeable or imposing than something else: Blues and greens predominated in the painting.
- to dominate or prevail over.
- predominate (Thesaurus)