Meaning of precision
Pronunciation: (pri-sizh'un), [key]
- the state or quality of being precise.
- accuracy; exactness: to arrive at an estimate with precision.
- mechanical or scientific exactness: a lens ground with precision.
- punctiliousness; strictness: precision in one's business dealings.
- the degree to which the correctness of a quantity is expressed. Cf.(def. 3).
- the extent to which a given set of measurements of the same sample agree with their mean. Cf.(def. 2).
- of, pertaining to, or characterized by precision: precision swimming; precision instruments for aircraft.
- precision (Thesaurus)