Meaning of polarization
Pronunciation: (pō"lur-u-zā'shun), [key]
- a sharp division, as of a population or group, into opposing factions.
- a state, or the production of a state, in which rays of light or similar radiation exhibit different properties in different directions. Cf.
- the deposit of gases, produced during electrolysis, on the electrodes of a cell, increasing the resistance of the cell.
- a vector quantity indicating the electric dipole moment per unit of volume of a dielectric.
- the induction of polarity in a ferromagnetic substance.
- the production or acquisition of polarity.
- polarization (Thesaurus)