polar: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pō'lur), [key]
- of or pertaining to the North or South Pole.
- of or pertaining to the pole of any sphere, a magnet, an electric cell, etc.
- opposite in character or action: The two have personalities that are polar.
- capable of ionizing, as NaCl, HCl, or NaOH; electrolytic; heteropolar.
- central; pivotal: the polar provision of the treaty.
- analogous to the polestar as a guide; guiding: a polar precept.
- polar (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.