pointer: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (poin'tur), [key]
- a person or thing that points.
- a long, tapering stick used by teachers, lecturers, etc., in pointing things out on a map, blackboard, or the like.
- the hand on a watch dial, clock face, scale, etc.
- the member of an artillery crew who aims the weapon.
- one of a breed of short-haired hunting dogs trained to point game.
- a piece of advice, esp. on how to succeed in a specific area: The food expert gave some good pointers on making better salads.
- an identifier giving the location in storage of something of interest, as a data item, table, or subroutine.
- the two outer stars of the Big Dipper that lie on a line that passes very near Polaris and are used for finding it.
- pointer (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.