podium: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pō'dē-um), [key]
— pl. -di•ums, -di•a
- a small platform for the conductor of an orchestra, for a public speaker, etc.
- a low wall forming a base for a construction, as a colonnade or dome.
- a stereobate for a classical temple, esp. one with perpendicular sides.
- the masonry supporting a classical temple.
- a raised platform surrounding the arena of an ancient Roman amphitheater having on it the seats of privileged spectators.
- a counter or booth, as one at an airport for handling tickets or dispensing information.
- a foot.
- a footstalk or stipe.
- a combining form meaning “footlike part” of an organism, used in the formation of compound words: monopodium; pseudo-podium.
- podium (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.