plurality: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ploo-ral'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the excess of votes received by the leading candidate, in an election in which there are three or more candidates, over those received by the next candidate (distinguished from majority).
- more than half of the whole; the majority.
- a number greater than one.
- fact of being numerous.
- a large number; multitude.
- state or fact of being plural.
- the holding by one person of two or more benefices at the same time; pluralism.
- any of the benefices so held.
- plurality (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.