please: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (plēz), [key]
— adv., v., pleased, pleas•ing.
- (used as a polite addition to requests, commands, etc.) if you would be so obliging; kindly: Please come here. Will you please turn the radio off?
- to act to the pleasure or satisfaction of: to please the public.
- to be the pleasure or will of: May it please your Majesty.
- to like, wish, or feel inclined: Go where you please.
- to give pleasure or satisfaction; be agreeable: manners that please.
- The missing letter was in his pocket, if you please!
- if it be your pleasure; if you like or prefer.
- (used as an exclamation expressing astonishment, indignation, etc.):The missing letter was in his pocket, if you please!
- please (Thesaurus)