Meaning of placement
Pronunciation: (plās'munt), [key]
- the act of placing.
- the state of being placed.
- the act of an employment office or employer in filling a position.
- location; arrangement: the placement of furniture.
- Jones made 43 consecutive placements last season.
- the placing of the ball on the ground in attempting a place kick.
- the position of the ball.
- a place kick.
- a score made by a place kick:Jones made 43 consecutive placements last season.
- (in tennis, badminton, handball, etc.) a winning shot in which the ball or shuttlecock is so hit that one's opponent is unable to return it.
- placement (Thesaurus)