Meaning of Peter I
— peter out,
- to diminish gradually and stop; dwindle to nothing: The hot water always peters out in the middle of my shower.
- to tire; exhaust (usually used as a past participle): I'm petered out after that walk.
— n. Slang (vulgar)
— n. Whist.
- a signal for an echo.
- Also calleddied a.d.67?, one of the 12 apostles and the reputed author of two of the Epistles.
- either of these two Epistles in the New Testament, I Peter or II Peter.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter P.
- a male given name.
- peter (Thesaurus)