Meaning of pervert
Pronunciation: (v.pur-vûrt'n.pûr'vurt), [key]
- to affect with perversion.
- to lead astray morally.
- to turn away from the right course.
- to lead into mental error or false judgment.
- to turn to an improper use; misapply.
- to misconstrue or misinterpret, esp. deliberately; distort: to pervert someone's statement.
- to bring to a less excellent state; vitiate; debase.
- to change to what is unnatural or abnormal.
- to convert or persuade to a religious belief regarded as false or wrong.
- a person who practices sexual perversion.
- a person affected with perversion.
- a person who has been perverted, esp. to a religious belief regarded as erroneous.
- pervert (Thesaurus)