Meaning of personification
Pronunciation: (pur-son"u-fi-kā'shun), [key]
- the attribution of a personal nature or character to inanimate objects or abstract notions, esp. as a rhetorical figure.
- the representation of a thing or abstraction in the form of a person, as in art.
- the person or thing embodying a quality or the like; an embodiment or incarnation: He is the personification of tact.
- an imaginary person or creature conceived or figured to represent a thing or abstraction.
- the act of personifying.
- a character portrayal or representation in a dramatic or literary work.
- personification (Thesaurus)