Meaning of personate
Pronunciation: (pûr'su-nāt"), [key]
— v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
- to act or portray (a character in a play, a part, etc.).
- to assume the character or appearance of; pass oneself off as, esp. with fraudulent intent; impersonate.
- to represent in terms of personal properties or characteristics; personify.
- to act or play a part.
Pronunciation: (pûr'su-nit, -nāt"), [key]
- (of a bilabiate corolla) masklike. See illus. undercorolla.
- having the lower lip pushed upward so as to close the gap between the lips, as in the snapdragon.
- having a masked or disguised form, as the larvae of certain insects.
- having masklike markings.
- personate (Thesaurus)