Meaning of personality
Pronunciation: (pûr"su-nal'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the visible aspect of one's character as it impresses others: He has a pleasing personality.
- a person as an embodiment of a collection of qualities: He is a curious personality.
- the sum total of the physical, mental, emotional, and social characteristics of an individual.
- the organized pattern of behavioral characteristics of the individual.
- the quality of being a person; existence as a self-conscious human being; personal identity.
- the essential character of a person.
- something apprehended as reflective of or analogous to a distinctive human personality, as the atmosphere of a place or thing: This house has a warm personality.
- a famous, notable, or prominent person; celebrity.
- application or reference to a particular person or particular persons, often in disparagement or hostility.
- a disparaging or offensive statement referring to a particular person: The political debate deteriorated into personalities.
- personality (Thesaurus)