Meaning of person-to-person
Pronunciation: (pûr'sun-tu-pûr'sun), [key]
- (of a long-distance telephone call) chargeable only upon speaking with a specified person at the number called:Cf. a person-to-person call to her brother in California.
- involving personal or intimate contact between persons: person-to-person diplomacy; a disease contracted through person-to-person contacts.
- (in making a long-distance telephone call) to a specified person:Cf. I telephoned him person-to-person.
- face-to-face; in person: They interviewed her person-to-person.
- person-to-person (Thesaurus)