Meaning of persistent
Pronunciation: (pur-sis'tunt, -zis'-), [key]
- persisting, esp. in spite of opposition, obstacles, discouragement, etc.; persevering: a most annoyingly persistent young man.
- lasting or enduring tenaciously: the persistent aroma of verbena; a persistent cough.
- constantly repeated; continued: persistent noise.
- continuing or permanent.
- having continuity of phylogenetic characteristics.
- remaining attached beyond the usual time, as flowers, flower parts, or leaves.
- persistent (Thesaurus)