Meaning of periodic
Pronunciation: (pēr"ē-od'ik), [key]
- recurring at intervals of time: periodic revivals of an interest in handicrafts.
- occurring or appearing at regular intervals: periodic visits of a mail steamer to an island.
- repeated at irregular intervals; intermittent: periodic outbreaks of the disease.
- recurring at equal intervals of time.
- (of a function) having a graph that repeats after a fixed intervalof the independent variable.
- characterized by a series of successive circuits or revolutions, as the motion of a planet or satellite.
- of or pertaining to a period, as of the revolution of a heavenly body.
- pertaining to or characterized by rhetorical periods, or periodic sentences.
Pronunciation: (pûr"ī-od'ik), [key]
— adj. Chem.
- of or derived from a periodic acid.
- periodic (Thesaurus)