Meaning of percolate
Pronunciation: (v.pûr'ku-lāt"n.pûr'ku-lit, -lāt"), [key]
— v., n. -lat•ed, -lat•ing,
- to cause (a liquid) to pass through a porous body; filter.
- (of a liquid) to filter through; permeate.
- to brew (coffee) in a percolator.
- to pass through a porous substance; filter; ooze; seep; trickle.
- to become percolated: The coffee is starting to percolate.
- to become active, lively, or spirited.
- to show activity, movement, or life; grow or spread gradually; germinate: Interest in the idea has begun to percolate.
- a percolated liquid.
- percolate (Thesaurus)