Meaning of Pennsylvanian
Pronunciation: (pen"sul-vān'yun, -vā'nē-un), [key]
- of or pertaining to the state of Pennsylvania.
- noting or pertaining to a period of the Paleozoic Era, occurring from about 310 to 280 million years ago and characterized by warm climates, swampy land areas, and the development of insects and reptiles: sometimes considered as an epoch of the Carboniferous Period. See table under
- a native or inhabitant of Pennsylvania.
- the Pennsylvanian Period or System.
- pennsylvanian (Thesaurus)