Meaning of penetration
Pronunciation: (pen"i-trā'shun), [key]
- the act or power of penetrating.
- mental acuteness, discernment, or insight: a scholar of rare penetration.
- the obtaining of a share of a market for some commodity or service.
- the extension, usually peaceful, of the influence of one nation or culture into the affairs of another.
- a military attack that penetrates into enemy territory.
- the depth to which a projectile goes into the target.
- the measure of relative depth of field of a telescope or microscope, esp. a binocular microscope.
- penetration (Thesaurus)