pellet: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pel'it), [key]
- a small, rounded or spherical body, as of food or medicine.
- a small wad or ball of wax, paper, etc., for throwing, shooting, or the like.
- one of a charge of small shot, as for a shotgun.
- a bullet.
- a ball, usually of stone, formerly used as a missile.
- Also calleda small, roundish mass of matter regurgitated by certain predatory birds, consisting of the indigestible remains, as the fur, feathers, and bones, of the prey.
- (in Romanesque architecture) a hemispherical or disklike carved ornament.
- to form into pellets; pelletize.
- to hit with pellets.
- pellet (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.