Meaning of pavilion
Pronunciation: (pu-vil'yun), [key]
- a light, usually open building used for shelter, concerts, exhibits, etc., as in a park or fair.
- any of a number of separate or attached buildings forming a hospital or the like.
- a projecting element of a façade, used esp. at the center or at each end and usually treated so as to suggest a tower.
- a tent, esp. a large and elaborate one.
- a small, ornamental building in a garden.
- Also calledthe part of a cut gem below the girdle.
- to shelter in or as if in a pavilion.
- to furnish with pavilions.
- pavilion (Thesaurus)