Meaning of patchwork
Pronunciation: (pach'wûrk"), [key]
- something made up of an incongruous variety of pieces or parts; hodgepodge: a patchwork of verse forms.
- work made of pieces of cloth or leather of various colors or shapes sewed together, used esp. for covering quilts, cushions, etc.
- resembling a patchwork, esp. in being makeshift, irregular, or improvised: a patchwork policy of dispensing foreign aid.
- to make as patchwork: She specializes in patchworking skirts.
- to assemble or connect in making patchwork: to patchwork neckties into bedspreads.
- patchwork (Thesaurus)