pastel: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pa-stel' esp. Brit. pas'tl), [key]
- a color having a soft, subdued shade.
- a kind of dried paste made of pigments ground with chalk and compounded with gum water.
- a chalklike crayon made from such paste.
- the art of drawing with such crayons.
- a drawing so made.
- a short, light prose study or sketch.
- having a soft, subdued shade.
- drawn with pastels: a pastel portrait.
Pronunciation: (pas'tel), [key]
- the woad plant.
- the dye made from it.
- pastel (Thesaurus)