Meaning of partner
Pronunciation: (pärt'nur), [key]
- a person who shares or is associated with another in some action or endeavor; sharer; associate.
- a person associated with another or others as a principal or a contributor of capital in a business or a joint venture, usually sharing its risks and profits.
- Seespecial partner.
- a husband or a wife; spouse.
- either of two people who dance together: my favorite partner in the waltz.
- a player on the same side or team as another: My tennis partner was an excellent player.
- a framework of timber round a hole in a ship's deck, to support a mast, capstan, pump, etc.
- to associate as a partner or partners with.
- to serve as the partner of.
- partner (Thesaurus)