Meaning of parietal
Pronunciation: (pu-rī'i-tl), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or situated near the side and top of the skull or the parietal bone.
- of or pertaining to parietes or structural walls.
- pertaining to or arising from a wall: usually applied to ovules when they proceed from or are borne on the walls or sides of the ovary.
- pertaining to or having authority over residence, and esp. visitation regulations between the sexes, within the walls or buildings of a college or university: a listing of the parietal regulations for the law students' dormitory.
- any of several parts in the parietal region of the skull, esp. the parietal bone.
- Also calledcampus regulations governing visits between members of opposite sexes to each other's dormitories or rooms.
- parietal (Thesaurus)