Meaning of parch
Pronunciation: (pärch), [key]
- to make extremely, excessively, or completely dry, as heat, sun, and wind do.
- to make dry, hot, or thirsty: Walking in the sun parched his throat.
- to dry (peas, beans, grain, etc.) by exposure to heat without burning; to toast or roast slightly: A staple of the Indian diet was parched corn.
- to dry or shrivel with cold.
- to suffer from heat, thirst, or need of water.
- to become parched; undergo drying by heat.
- to dry (usually fol. by up).
- parch (Thesaurus)