Meaning of overwork
Pronunciation: (v.ō"vur-wûrk'n.ō'vur-wûrk"), [key]
- to cause to work too hard, too much, or too long; weary or exhaust with work (often used reflexively): Don't overwork yourself on that new job.
- to work up, stir up, or excite excessively: to overwork a mob to the verge of frenzy.
- to employ or elaborate to excess:for sympathy that has been overworked by many speakers. an appeal
- to work or decorate all over; decorate the surface of: white limestone overworked with inscriptions.
- to work too hard, too much, or too long; work to excess: You look as though you've been overworking.
- work beyond one's strength or capacity.
- extra or excessive work.
- overwork (Thesaurus)