Meaning of overstride
Pronunciation: (ō"vur-strīd'), [key]
— -strode, -strid•den, -strid•ing.
- to surpass: to overstride one's competitors.
- to stand or sit astride of; bestride: a great statue overstriding the entrance; to overstride a horse.
- to tower over; dominate: He overstrides the committee with loud aggressiveness.
- to stride or step over or across: At its narrowest point, one can easily overstride the stream.
- to stride more rapidly than or beyond: a downward path where she easily overstrode her companion.