outage: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ou'tij), [key]
- an interruption or failure in the supply of power, esp. electricity.
- the period during which power is lost: a two-hour outage on the East Coast.
- a stoppage in the functioning of a machine or mechanism due to a failure in the supply of power or electricity.
- the quantity of goods lost or lacking from a shipment. Cf.(def. 1).
- the amount of fuel used during a flight. Cf.(def. 2).
- outage (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.