Meaning of orderly
Pronunciation: (ôr'dur-lē), [key]
— adj., adv., n., pl. -lies.
- arranged or disposed in a neat, tidy manner or in a regular sequence: an orderly desk.
- observant of or governed by system or method, as persons or the mind.
- characterized by or observant of law, rule, or discipline; well-behaved; law-abiding: an orderly assemblage of citizens.
- pertaining to or charged with the communication or execution of orders.
- methodically; regularly.
- according to established order or rule.
- an enlisted soldier assigned to perform various chores for a commanding officer or group of officers.
- a hospital attendant having general, nonmedical duties.
- orderly (Thesaurus)